Gluten Free Carrot and Coriander Soup
This gluten free carrot and coriander soup recipe is very easy to make and requires just a few simple ingredients. Serve with fresh gluten free bread.
You will need:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
1 potato, chopped
450g carrots, peeled and chopped
1.2l vegetable or chicken stock (I used two Kallo gluten free stock cubes)
Handful coriander (approximately ½ a supermarket packet)
1/2 fresh red chilli (optional but gives it a lovely warm kick)
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chopped onion and fry for 5 mins until softened.
- Stir in the potato and ground coriander and cook for 1 min.
- Add the carrots, chilli and stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat.
- Cover and cook for 20 mins or until the carrots are tender.
- Tip into a blender with the coriander, season with plenty of black pepper and blitz until smooth.
- Return to pan, taste, add salt if necessary, then reheat to serve.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh coriander leaves.